Tuesday, January 3, 2012

20 days post

Dr said I am doing fine.

Pad is getting wet from sweat.  Drying each night is a good idea.

I now have exercises to do every day 4x per day for 15 minute each extend the ball of my foot to 20 deg and back.
  I should feel pain if it exceed 30 deg pressing through could snap the repaired tendon.

Week 4 to 5 30 lbs weight bearing when walking  suggested getting a scale and pressing down until I see 30 lbs.   Then use this
calibration as I walk.

Walking to much is what will hurt the cartilage.  The pulsing of my foot is to polish the cartilage repair.

Week 5 to 6 gradually advance to full weight on the ankle  add 20lbs each day.  So I am almost at week 3.  week from tomorrow
I can start putting weight on.

Call if I feel pain for more than 12 hours.  Keep swelling down.  Be good,

No comments:

Post a Comment