Thursday, January 12, 2012

29 days post

Moving right along.

Ankle a bit sore today starting to place 30 lbs on it when walking.  As directed by Dr I placed my foot on a scale pressed until I got to 30 lbs and remembered what it felt like.  When I walk with crutches I put about that force on my foot.  

In my old job I could have jury rigged up a sensor to tell me when I was exceeding 30 lbs.  Dr says its not that critical.  Next week (week 5) I get to add 20lbs a day until I am walking without crutches!  Yah!  Hey if I go on a diet Ill get there faster,  hmm maybe not. 

Need to start working on a cover for my boot so that I can start TKD as soon as I can walk on my foot, well maybe Ill wait a week.  Remember dont block the boot!  At 8 weeks I get to go to a lace up support.  I imagine PT starts not long after that.

Continuing to get scratches on my good leg from my cast.  Wrapping the boot with cloth and holding it on with velcro seems to work ok.  Im ready to be done with this!

Takes longer to walk and pay attention to the weight on the boot but easier on the arms.  Patches over my ribs really get raw after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment