Saturday, December 31, 2011

17 days post surgery

Happy new years eve.

Found the bottom of my walking cast was getting moist.  Removed the foam bottom (no weight bearing anyway) to dry it off last night put a washrag under the liner to draw the water out of it.  Seems to be better today. 

Dont want skin to stay wet, that does not end well.

Sometimes sitting with the liner open but the walking boot still on for support.   Got to keep that foot at 90 degrees!

Small ache yesterday after being up most of the day taking my wife out for her Birthday dinner and wandering.  Felt like it was in the bone.   My Aunt (CAJ a nurse)  says that you can get swelling even if you cant see it and it will cause pain.  Very minor 1 or 2 passed in a few hours of sitting.

Cooked a fair amount today, among other things cake for Angie as I did not have milk to make it on her birthday.  Good cake.

Ill be up to just after 12M tonight to do my first 20 of 50000 push ups Im doing with some other crazy folks from the studio.  Seems like a bunch but Ill make it one way or the other.  That and the 100000 sit ups should help me keep in shape while not able to work out.

When walking with Angie I used the iwalk free a fair amount (1 or 2 hours)  real pain to put on and take off!  Cant sit to use the bathroom with it on eithor.  Ok for walking if I use a cane.  The cane smooths my gait.   Not sure it is worth what I paid for it we will see.

Well bath night for me, looking forward to it, the simplest things seem hard now.  You need to think ahead for everything!  My family (particularly my wife) are helping out a lot.  Bummer to do this on my own.

Went shopping on my own today.   Short outing scared the clerks when I just hopped off.  They have a scooter for use in the store so I left my crutches in the car and hopped on one leg into the store, to the scooter then from the scooter to the car.  Makes my family nervous as well.  Good exercise and good for balance.  Besides I like freaking people out, good for their nerves.

Hopping is not to bad for anything under 1/4 block longer than that and I need to lean on something for a minute.   Dont want to push to much.  Penalty is another operation, no thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment