Sunday, December 18, 2011

Recovering at Home Part03


Stardate Thursday  15 December 2011 

0630 about 25 hours after arriving at the hospital  18 hours after arriving home.

Well slept through my alarm for 5 am med so now I will bump all of my alarms 2 hours.  I need to give my body 20 min to process my thyroid pill.

Pins and needles down and feeling the ankle itself a bit,  no pain just awareness so far.  I think I moved my toes a bit,  hard to tell color and temp look good.  Awareness sharpening guess Ill feel a bit dull while taking Oxycodone.  Starting to feel an ache just a bit.

More sleep is a good idea.  Another drumstick is staring at me.  I'll wait 10 more minutes then take meds and go to sleep.  Rain starting here in Seattle.  Mom came up and checked on me at 3am.  Arthur (my 12 yr old) just checked on me at 0640.  I was talking with my first nurse and getting an EKG about now yesterday.  Have not had one of those in about 12 years.  Used to be a part of a yearly physical at NASA.

0700 finishing a chicken leg  2 oxycodone and 2 Advil drinking more water.  Time to reset alarms and snore some more.  Developing cough nose running a bit.  Starting to feel ache in front part of ankle.  Small pins and needles pain 3 or so not enough to keep me awake.

1100  2 oxycodone and 2 Advil 2 eggs need to go eat more.

12N  moved my toes starting to feel stuff going to be an interesting ride.  I yelled and scared everybody  seems silly but very disconcerting to see and touch your toes and not feel them or be able to move them.

Bad news Dr had to repair cartilage no weight for 4 to 6 weeks, darn.  Sad, need to eat.  Arranging for a paper copy prescription so that I am covered for the weekend, hope I don't need it.

The strong stuff they need to have a paper copy for.

3:30 pm 2 oxy 2 Advil pretzels kumbacha and peppermint tea.  Call into Dr Kelly abt suppliments to take.  Shifting times so that I have med at 12M so I can get back to sleep schedule.  Pain 2 tingling complete movement of toes swelling continues to subside.

Getting sleepy nap in my future.

Wow that was a close one!  Grandma got behind so I put out the call for someone to get Arthur to Basketball.  in 5 minutes 2 responses.  Mr Kenney climbed down a ladder and headed our way Kate Baker sent me a note so I could call Mr Kenney and tell him to proceed safely.  I'm sure a few more offers will trickle in.  I am a part of the greatest group in the world!  You guys are beyond awesome!  I hope to have better planning in the future but wow I cant express how much I appreciate you guys.  Thank you Kims Tae Kwon Do in Renton Highlands best family I have ever had.  Thank you.
Starting to feel pain along left side of the lower part of the shin.  This should be the donor tendon. 

Dr Kelly says tonight should be the worst.

2000   3 oxycodone and 2 advill 1 left over hamburger patty cup of raw milk pretzels and 3 dried prunes they taste pretty good.  Need to drink more water.  Pain indicator is up 4 or 5  Pins and needles gone toes looking red from my moving around probably.

I have been hopping around and throwing socks and pillows at Joe while he plays the piano to get him ready for Saturdays performance.   Seems to be helping.  Making the cd skip while he is playing along with it makes him think.  He had fun.

Wow 3 oxycodone really hit me hard.  Im crawling around because I could not walk.  Weird.
Glad that wore off I feel fine now.  pain 2 or so not even equal to a mild sprain, Ill stick to 2 oxy's 3 is over my limit.  I was crawling around as I felt to dizzy to use crutches and being close to the floor was a good thing.  Scared myself into taking more than I needed.   Limit on the bottle is 3 I took 3. 

One of the nurses said I have an uneducated liver.  Good Ill keep it that way less bad stuff to get out of the system later.  I know my limit now!  Short nap 2hrs and finer than frog hair!

Mom found some great pumpkin pie at PCC no milk ginger crust and tastes great.  Boys might get to try some pretty cool.

If your going to do this surgery get an ipod.  I set timers for my meds every 4 hours.  Set a timer for ice (no more than 15 mins on and 15 off)  Keep track of how many pills you are taking and when I work my legs to keep from developing clots.  Great tool!  I can text with it as well (google voice over wifi).

12M  2 oxy 2 advill 1 hydroxyzine  getting ready for first bath   must keep cast dry

Look for Part04

No comments:

Post a Comment