Sunday, December 18, 2011

Part05

Moving to a 6 hr med schedule  at 5 hours and still ok.  Bit sore 2 maybe wont keep me awake.  Drank to much water wow my lft side is sore!  This to shall pass (small groan)
oops dont set alarms when you keep falling asleep!  missed one.  supposed to do med at 0600  over slept to 0715.

0715 1 oxy 2 advill  almost forgot to eat.   Pretzels and water dont forget syntroid.  pain 2 at 0800 after being up for a while.  Hopping to the bathroom takes a while now.

Thanks Ashlee for showing me how to tip toe with one foot!  You rotate on heal, then toe then heal.  Im not very fast yet but Im getting there.

If all goes well Ill shift to every 8 hours at midnight

Oh well the boys have determined that I am not that sick.  It was nice while it lasted.  Maybe I need to up the drama!

12:30 1 oxy 2 advill spaghetti, cheese raw milk.  Bit of ache in bone in ankle, pulsing a bit with blood flow.  I was late with pain med short on water and ran down the block to catch neighbor.  Ice knee for 15 min everything feeling fine.  Over did a bit but no harm done.  If I dont over do once in a while there will be little progress.

Grandma and the boys are gone now I am on my own.  Icing knee to cool ankle and hooked up a larger monitor to use the macbook pro in clam shell mode.  Looks good.  Pain before icing maybe a 2  Now feeling a few tingles I worked things pretty hard for a while so I need to stay down for an hour or 2 .  Pretty tired anyway, good time to nap.  Need to wait a bit until I take the ice off.  Dont need frost bite.  Tomorrow Ill try the constant ice bath.

1700 cooking fish sticks for dinner, I really love those things, its not Spud but still tasty!  Need to resist the temptation to snack all the time now that surgery is behind me.  Ill be getting couch behind and dont want to get dunlaps disease (dunlaps over the belt).   Signed up for the 100 and 50 club (100000 sit ups in a year and 50000 pushups) that should burn some calories.

Quiet with everyone gone.

1810 1 oxy  2 Advil piece of apple pie (hey its good for me from the pie store)
ache in knee I have been letting the foot flop to the outside, now I am trying to straiten it.

0000 midnight.  1 oxy 2 Advil popcorn kumbucha (hmm this batch is vinegary messed up my timing with the surgery).  Time to brush teeth and get to bed.  Good dental hygiene has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body (thanks Mrs Wesley).  I dont need more inflammation.  Starting part 7 tomorrow.  On to 8 hour med cycle.  Hopefully no oxy tomorrow just advil.    nite all!

Not hearing any comments.  If you are reading this let me know.  Thanks Paula.  Tomorrow I will put together a list of equipment I am using during this recovery.  Stay tuned.

Look for Part06

No comments:

Post a Comment